Before you can drop of your child/children each day, you must submit verification that your child/children may attend after reviewing our COVID-19 screening checklist.
We’ve tried to streamline this process as much as possible by providing a page with all of the relevant information and an extremely simple form.
If this is the first time you’re completing the form, or you need a refresher, please see the COVID-19 checklist on this page.
Updated October 8, 2020 to reflect Ottawa Public Health screening guidelines.
If you answer is YES to any of the following questions, your child may NOT attend daycare. Please contact us by phone or email and we’ll discuss next steps.
If you answer NO to all questions below, your child is considered safe to attend daycare.
- Has the child travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Does the child have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?**
- Has your child been in close physical contact with someone who returned from outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks with new COVID-19 symptoms (like a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing)?
- Has your child’s household contacts (family members and/or roommates) or other contacts outside of school/child care presented with new COVID-19 symptoms (like a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing) in the last 14 days?
- Does your child have any of the following symptoms (not related to other known causes or conditions):
- Fever ( temperature 37.8°C/100.0°F or higher);
- Cough (more than usual if chronic cough) including croup (barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing) not related to other known causes or conditions; (for example, asthma, reactive airway)
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea, out of breath, unable to breathe deeply, wheeze, that is worse than usual if chronically short of breath) not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, asthma)
- Decrease or loss of smell or taste (new olfactory or taste disorder) not related to other known causes or conditions, (for example, nasal polyps, allergies, neurological disorders).
Additionally, does your child have any of the following symptoms that are new, worsening, and NOT related to other known causes or conditions:
- Sore throat (painful swallowing or difficulty swallowing) not related to other known causes or conditions; (for example, post nasal drip, gastroesophagal (acid) reflux);
- Stuffy nose and/or runny nose,(nasal congestion and/or rhinorrhoea) not related to other known causes or conditions (for example seasonal allergies, returning inside from the cold, chronic sinusitis unchanged from baseline, reactive airways);
- Headache that is new and persistent, unusual, unexplained, or long-lasting not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, tension-type headache, chronic migraines);
- Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, not related to other known causes or conditions (transient vomiting due to anxiety in children, chronic vestibular dysfunction, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, side effect of medication)
- Fatigue, lethargy, muscle aches or malaise (general feeling of being unwell, lack of energy, extreme tiredness, poor feeding in infants) that is unusual or unexplained, not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, depression, insomnia, thyroid disfunction, anemia);
**Close physical contact means:
- Living in the same home while that person was not self-isolating and infectious
- Being less than 2 metres away in the same room or area from another person or unprotected contact for more than 15 minutes